TED Talks Every Salesperson Should Watch!
TED Talks are viewed by many worldwide and they are valuable in helping people understand complex topics. But did you know that some TED Talks can motivate your sales team to do better?
Here are five TED Talks every salesperson should watch:
1) Want to Help Someone? Shut Up and Listen! By Ernesto Sirolli
Ernesto Sirolli is a sustainable economic development expert who explains how listening is important to any relationship, especially a business one. Working in Africa for seven years has shaped Ernesto’s career, perspective, and mannerisms. He learned a few things from failure:
- You can give somebody an idea, but if the person doesn’t want to do it, he won’t do it. The passion that a person has for her own growth is the most important thing. Drive that passion.
- Instead of telling clients what they need to do, spend time with them and ask questions.
- Sometimes we want to sell our products or our ideas without realising what the problem is first. When we don’t realise there’s a problem that needs solving, we cannot effectively drive sales.
These are great lessons for all salespeople. Watch the video in full and apply his tips next time you call a client or meet up with one.
2) How to Speak So that People Want to Listen by Julian Treasure
Many people find that when they talk, nobody listens. Julian’s solution to that is through four steps which he abbreviates as HAIL:
He also discusses the “The Seven Deadly Sins of Speaking”:
This video will help you to train yourself to listen and be heard.
3) The Puzzle of Motivation by Dan Pink
Are you still providing traditional rewards to your sales staff? Writer Dan Pink says that these methods are not as effective as we think. This is something that social scientists have been saying for years.
In his TED Talk, he discusses true motivation and the factors that can help you develop better sales habits.
4) Smart Failure for a Fast-Changing World by Eddie Obeng
An entertaining TED Talk about our ever-changing world. The speedy change in the world has meant that business rules have changed too, but while the rules have changed, many salespeople still cling to traditional ways of doing things.
Eddie highlights three changes everyone needs to understand for increased productivity. The world is changing exponentially.
5) How to Make Stress Your Friend by Kelly McGonigal
Nobody is immune to stress. For salespeople, this can heighten because of the daily pressure to meet one’s targets.
Kelly is a psychologist who believes that stress is not bad, but it is one’s mindset about stress that makes it the enemy.
When you change your mindset about stress, your body also reacts to the new perspective.
This video will help all salespeople become better at handling stress.
SnappSales is an international lead generation company. We provide qualified leads to software and IT companies. We also develop websites and write your content. Contact us!